The combination of travel services offered to you is the travel package in the context of the law governing consumer protection. Therefore, you will benefit from all EU rights applying to travel packages. Company Turistična agencija Sonček d.o.o. will be fully responsible for the proper performance the tourist package as a whole. Additionally, as required by the law governing consumer protection, the company Turistična agencija Sonček d.o.o. has protection in place to refund all your payments and, where transport is included in the package, to ensure your repatriation in the event that it becomes insolvent.
Key rights pursuant to the law governing consumer protection:
- Consumers receive all essential information about the package before concluding the package travel contract.
- There is always at least one company which is liable for the proper performance of all the travel services included in the contract.
- Consumers are given an emergency telephone number or details of a contact point where they can get in touch with the organiser or the travel agent.
- Consumers may transfer the package to another person, on reasonable notice and possibly subject to additional costs.
- The price of the package may only be increased if specific costs rise (for instance, fuel prices) and if expressly provided for in the contract, and in any event not later than 20 days before the start of the package. If the price increase exceeds 8% of the price of the package, the traveller may terminate the contract. If the organiser reserves the right to a price increase, the traveller has a right to a price reduction if there is a decrease in the relevant costs.
- Consumer may terminate the contract without paying any termination fee and get a full refund of any payments if any of the essential elements of the package, other than the price, are changed significantly. If before the start of the package the company responsible for the package cancels the package, consumers are entitled to a refund and compensation where appropriate. – Consumers may terminate the contract without paying any termination fee before the start of the package in the event of exceptional circumstances, for instance if there are serious security problems at the destination which are likely to affect the package.
- Additionally, consumers may at any time before the start of the package terminate the contract in return for an appropriate and justifiable termination fee.
- If, after the start of the package, significant elements of the package cannot be provided as agreed, suitable alternative arrangements will have to be offered to the consumer at no extra cost. Consumers may terminate the contract without paying any termination fee, where services are not performed in accordance with the contract and this substantially affects the performance of the package and the organiser fails to remedy the problem.
- Consumers are also entitled to a price reduction and/or compensation for damages where the travel services are not performed or are improperly performed.
- The organiser has to provide assistance if the consumer is in difficulty.
- If the tour organiser or the supplier becomes insolvent, when it has insolvency protection in place, payments will be refunded. If the tour organiser or the supplier becomes insolvent after the start of the package and if transport is included in the package, when it has insolvency protection in place, repatriation of the consumers is secured.
In case of insolvency problems, Tourist agency Sonček has taken out insolvency protection as regulated by the Consumer Protection Act (ZVPot) with a bank guarantee issued by Nova Ljubljanska banka d. d., Trg republike 2, Ljubljana, as requested by the agency. If the execution of contractually agreed services is rejected due to insolvency issues of Tourist Agency Sonček, consumers may turn to the beneficiary of the bank guarantee, company Custos Bono, jamstvo za organiziranje potovanj ZTAS, d. o. o., at the address Dimičeva 13, 1000 Ljubljana, phone number: + 386 70 822 812 or email address: firstname.lastname@example.org, which governs the enforcement of rights arising from the organiser’s insolvency.
Law regulating consumer protection (Consumer Protection Act – ZVPot) can be found here.